Monday, April 27, 2020

So many things are changing

Hi!

I've lost about 40 pounds over the past year. It's rather slow I know, but what matters in the end is that I'm getting there. It's a marathon not a race.

So I've noticed a lot of changes since then. Besides a smaller waist obviously. A lot of these changes I'm not even sure if they're entirely related to weight loss but I have no other explanation for them.

  1. Fuller Hair. I'm not sure if it's just eating healthier or actually losing weight, but my once flat and sad hair is now so much fuller and even a little wavy. I like my hair again, it looks more like it used to when I was smaller.
  2. Regular periods. That one honestly kind of sucks to me personally because they're still as painful and heavy as they used to be, but it feels good knowing that my body is in a healthier state. They've never been regular and I still need to get used to it showing up exactly 30 days after. Before I'd go 70-150 days between periods. Definitely a new experience.
  3. Every part of your body gets smaller, even your hands, your forehead, your shoulders, your feet. It's so weird. I never realized that some of these were bigger on me than on the average person until I noticed them shrinking.
  4. Everyone treats you differently, even your own mother. I wore a sundress the other day and she looked me up and down, said I looked very pretty and she looked so happy. She's never done that before. My boyfriend even treats me a little differently, he likes being the big spoon now because, in his own words, "it doesn't feel like backpacking anymore".
  5. Going clothes shopping is actually fun now. Not worrying if any store carries my size, because they will, even if I'm still a large to x-large. I can wear standard size clothing again and don't need to spend extra money on plus size clothing.
  6. I'm not out of breath and the slightest bit of exercise. I started really small with 5 minutes on my exercise bike and I was SO out of breath. Now I do 20 minutes as a warm up.

There's so many more changes that come with being smaller and I'm excited to reach my actual goal weight soon. I wonder if there will be even more changes that I've also never considered. Maybe my mental health will get better? Who knows, but I will find out!

submitted by /u/kiwi-bandit
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ScKN0u

No comments:

Post a Comment