Saturday, April 25, 2020

I’ve lost about 40 pounds since last year and I’m really proud of myself

I’ve always struggled with my weight, I was bullied as a kid, I’ve yo-yo-ed up and down but I finally feel like I can accept how I look at any weight. I think that was a huge factor in my outlook on weight loss.

At this time last year I weighed about 220 lbs and I’m 5’6”. I was bursting out of size 16 pants but I refused to buy anything larger. When I laid down my neck fat made it hard to breathe and when I put my headphones around my neck they were almost swallowed up. I was so oblivious too; I thought there must be an error on the scale, maybe I’m growing a huge tumor.

I started to seriously limit my sugar and carb intake solely to control some unwanted facial hair. I wasn’t even actively trying to lose weight, but I slowly managed to come down to 180. Now I look back on photos from back then and I can’t believe it. All of my clothes are way looser, I don’t feel choked when I lay down, and I feel way more confident. The definition in my face is back! I hadn’t even realized I’d lost that.

My size 16 pants are barely staying up and I just ordered a few pairs the next size down, and even some dresses which I never used to wear. It’s a little weird that I can still wear the same pants I was wearing 40 pounds ago but I’m definitely pear shaped and have wide hips so I guess it makes sense.

I don’t have any current pictures of myself for a comparison but if anyone’s interested I can get a side by side together.

It took until November before I actually started losing any weight even though I peaked around May. It just wouldn’t come off until I cut the carbs and sugar way down. I was also going through a really stressful and traumatic time and getting myself financially stable again helped my mental health so much. I assume that played into my weight situation.

All through the last year I’ve been seeing all these posts on this subreddit and wondering if I’d ever get to make a post like this. Woohoo!!! Also the unwanted facial hair is way more manageable now, yikes was it bad before.

submitted by /u/treehouse500
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2VT5mjC

No comments:

Post a Comment