Sunday, April 26, 2020

Former athlete but now can’t lose any weight

I (34F) am formerly a competitive amateur athlete at competition weight 66kg. At regular everyday but still fit weight of 75kg. I got seriously injured (rotator cuff and neck issue) two years ago and started gaining weight. In Feb 2020 I clocked in at a whopping 95kg. My doctor wanted to put me on weight loss injections but being an over confident former athlete I said I was used to getting in shape and knew how to do it properly and would be just fine on my own.

Since then I have been cleared to return to my sport but can’t because of quarantine. I have reduced alcohol from 20-25 drinks per week (heyyy depression) to 7-10 per week. I track my calories honestly and with a kitchen scale - sub 1500 and focus on protein most days.

I workout 5 days per week and have even added evil cardio to strength training which I’m more comfortable with. Last week I did an indoor 5k, I’ve been doing zoom dance classes, shadow boxing, HIIT, and so on.

I’ve lost 4 measly kg in 3 months.

I know I’m getting old but what the hell? Why is this happening?

submitted by /u/chokesbeforeblokes
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3eU0Uto

No comments:

Post a Comment