Saturday, April 25, 2020

Mini-success story- I’m able to do an hour on the elliptical!

This is a very minor success story compared to all the awesome things people are achieving on here, but I just wanted to share this as I’m excited for myself! For ten years in my youth, I was a cross-country and long distance runner, but I quit running competitively when I was 16 as my asthma got bad (I was born quite premature and got really sick at 6 months, so my lungs only work at about 60-70% the capacity of a normal person’s). I still have asthma, and exercise isn’t always easy with it, but for most of my life I stayed pretty active. When I was 20, my pelvic and back pain flared up and I became really lazy, and I gained a lot of weight from the laziness and medicine I was on. I’m still trying to lose that weight, and for the past three months I’ve become serious about going on the elliptical 4-5 times a week, as I realized just cycling wasn’t helping me lose much weight or improve my cardio fitness. I started easy, just doing 20 or 30 min at a time, but now I am up to about 45 minutes per workout. Tonight I just did an hour! I hope I will eventually get to the point where doing an hour five times a week is my norm.

Best of luck to everyone on here! More than just for weight loss, work out for your own health and happiness, and love yourself ❤️ You’re doing great! No matter what health challenges you face, just try to do the most that you can, and don’t compare yourself to others :) And please, please, please remember to stretch!

submitted by /u/PhinnishPharma
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/353GHwY

No comments:

Post a Comment