Friday, April 24, 2020

Finally noticed some progress!!!

I started intermittent fasting back at the end of January and it was going slow for awhile. Once the lockdown started, I noticed my weight loss accelerate. I was going out to eat less and exercising more (lots of walking, but some light at-home workouts too).

Some background: I started gaining weight in middle school, maybe late elementary school. Before I started gaining weight, I used to play sports and stuff around the neighborhood and doing more active stuff, but then my best friends in the neighborhood moved away, in the span of a year or two. Two separate families left and that's also when I got into playing video games a lot more. Throughout middle school and especially high school, I would snack at night a lot and I think that really led to my issues. When I went away to college, I actually didn't gain much weight, but the weight I gained in high school made up for that.

At my highest weight, I was 290 lbs. which was basically in January. Since January, I've lost about 25 lbs., most of it coming in the past month or so. At first I was discouraged even after I hit the 20lbs down mark because I couldn't visual see any results at all and I've basically just been wearing sweatpants and t shirts since I don't leave my house, so I didn't even compare how my jeans fit or anything. Today, I tried on my winter coat, and it actually fit normally. You're probably saying "so what?" Well my winter coat used to be way small. I struggled to zip it up and when it was zipped, I could barely move and had to fight it to breath. When I'd sit down, it'd be so tight i thought it was going to rip. Today I put it on and didn't even struggle to zip it up. I sat down and it didn't squeeze me at all.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm excited. The most encouraging thing for me is that I haven't really had to make any changes that feel drastic. I'm just eating better food, watching my portions, drinking more water, and walking more.

submitted by /u/WildTomorrow
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3eMhxat

No comments:

Post a Comment