Thursday, April 30, 2020

Anything you greatly underestimated would make a major impact on your journey?

There are two major things I underestimated. All came to these realizations through some hard lessons and extremely rude awakenings. I didn’t have the resources to know any better, so unfortunately it took a while to understand my body.

I’m sure you’ve heard the quote, “Weight loss is 80 percent diet, 20 percent exercise.” Personally, I’ve found this to be true. FOR THE MOST PART.

Over the past few years, I’ve had 2 physically demanding job. Unbelievably long hours and physical strain on my body. I didn’t mind so much bc I assumed I would lose a significant amount of weight. Additionally, due to the demands of my job, I wasn’t snacking. It was easy to eat 3 meals a day.

To my surprise, I noticed essentially zero difference in the number on the scale. The number was not good. This was extremely frustrating as I was getting THE most exercise of my life. Outside of work I was ALSO working really hard in the gym. Wtf?

A few years later I started going to a dietician bc I finally reached the conclusion I have no idea how to nourish my body despite thinking otherwise. I’m obviously missing something. I simply learned about portion control and how misinformed I was. Paradoxically, I learned I had to eat more to weigh less (more of the right things obv). I lost a significant amount of weight just by changing my diet. This was shocking bc at the time I had a desk job and wasn’t going to the gym.

Despite learning my lesson, I had another rude awakening. Towards the end of last year I was working a lot. Extremely long hours and did not have the time to walk; which was my main form of exercise. I got on the scale and whoa, worse things have ever been. Another wtf moment ensued as my diet hadn’t changed drastically.

Since quarantine and being laid off indefinitely, I’ve finally had time to get active again. Again, another shock: I’ve lost all the weight I gained. It really made me realize I HAVE to walk at least 40 minutes a day to maintain a healthy weight, otherwise I will blow up. I can’t rely on diet alone.

I keep learning I don’t have to work THAT hard to be in a healthy place, but there are “minor” things I must do or I will blow up like a balloon.

Can you anyone else relate?

submitted by /u/OkayWow505
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3d1bnBJ

No comments:

Post a Comment