Sunday, April 26, 2020

Weight loss feels emotionally exhausting

Stats: 22F, 5’2, CW: 148lbs, GW: 130lbs

I can’t help but think that my body and brain are working against me. I have urges to eat constantly. From the time I wake up to when I go to sleep, I’m constantly exerting willpower. I feel like I’m always making decisions - should I eat what I’m craving or the “healthy” option? Should I ignore my hunger or give in? Should I have another serving or not?

I know the answer to all of these questions, but making so many decisions all day every day is exhausting. I started IF to cut down on the amount of food-related decisions I have to make. It’s helping a little, but I’m still struggling.

Weight loss is also just so slow for me. I’ve lost 2lbs in April and my measurements have gone down so I’m almost certain I’ve lost fat. But it feels like my goal is so far away if I keep going at this rate. I try to eat 1600 calories a day which is a real struggle most of the time. I thought about reducing my calories to lose faster. But since I don’t even consistently succeed at eating 1600 calories most of the time, I’m worried I’ll fail miserably at eating 1500 or 1400.

I also exercise a decent amount - 3 weighted circuit workouts per week and an average of 15k steps per day, including 20 miles of running per week. Exercise is the only part of this I enjoy/feel good about but sometimes I wonder if I’m doing enough. The first time I got down to 130lbs I was running 30 miles per week, waitressing at a busy restaurant, and walking 4-7 miles per day on my college campus. Obviously, as a quarantined grad student starting a full-time desk job in the summer, that amount of activity just isn’t realistic. But when I was exercising that much and barely thinking about my diet, weight just fell off of me. I miss that!

Last night I was so frustrated I just said fuck it and got drunk and ate like 4000 calories so I’m feeling pretty low today. Thanks for reading my rant if you got all the way to the end. If you have any advice or a personal story I’d love to hear it.

submitted by /u/ImpossibleOpening7
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2yH3L8K

No comments:

Post a Comment