Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Abdominal muscle cramps after significant weight loss. Anyone else?

6'1 / 185cm male, 42y, 380lb / 172kg -> 230lb / 105kg

I suppose I could lose another 30+ lb. or so to be truly trim, and I'm working on it, but I'm quite happy with where I'm at.

The issue I'm facing is cramps (charlie horses) in my upper abdominal muscles. Anything can set it off. A sneeze, laughing at something, shifting my body slightly, and so on. Most of them are very minor, and I can stretch out a bit and breathe deeply and they're gone, but they're still really annoying. And sometimes I get a really bad one, those truly suck =(

I stay well hydrated, get plenty of electrolytes, all that jazz. I lift weights including ab work. I do cardio as well.

I was doing a bit of reading, and one of the possible causes of muscle cramps I read about was tension on the nerves. 150 lb. is a significant loss, and I have loose skin. As a typical male, a lot of my extra weight was on my belly, so that's the worst spot for loose skin.

I'm wondering if the weight of the loose skin pulling things down could be putting tension on the nerves, and if perhaps that's the reason I'm having this problem.

So, j/w if anyone else has faced this issue, and what your thoughts and experiences are if you have. Heck, even if you haven't. I wouldn't mind reading any thoughts anyone has on this issue. It's really bothering me.

Throwaway account.

submitted by /u/asjfeishgsgs
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2xgSvPT

No comments:

Post a Comment