Monday, April 27, 2020

I weighed myself this morning and had a massive mental breakdown, I need some reassurance before I completely give up on my journey.

Hello. I’ve started my weight loss journey on the 28th of March, it will be a month tomorrow, with a starting weight of 75Kg. I’m a short female (1.60cm), so I’m clearly severely overweight. I’ve started counting my calories and doing exercise (an hour on the elliptical everyday - I have recently bought some dumbbells so I’m just trying to incorporate some YouTube HIIT workouts in my daily routine too), and despite not noticing any difference in the mirror or in my progress pics and even with massive ups and downs, the weight has been steadily going down. Two days ago (25th oh April) I weighed at 70.09Kg and I was incredibly happy and proud of my small progress.

Now, the big issue. These past two days, I’ve skipped my exercises and I’ve sort of fell off the wagon as I told myself I deserved a break and was really craving some junk food. Yesterday I had a whole bottle of wine, a burger with cheesy chips and a lot of chocolate. The day before, another bottle of wine, a kebab, and heavily snacked on crisps and chocolates (I know those two are massive binges, please don’t judge me, if was some sort of special occasion and I’m already feeling so ashamed). Fast forward to this morning. I now magically weight 73.07Kg. I am absolutely devastated, I started crying and I still haven’t been able to stop. How is it possible to have put on 2Kgs in two days? Have i fucked up a month worth of progress in just two days?

Now, this is not the first time it has happened. My weight goes down everyday as long as I eat healthy, which I really don’t mind, but every single time I treat myself and have a ‘cheat meal’ (a pizza, some crisps, a bit of mayonnaise, a plate of pasta) the following day I have one, two, sometimes three Kgs more. And they do NOT even out the day after, at all, as I’ve seen lot of people say: every time it happens that number stays and I have to slowly start going down from there again, and it usually takes me days to get back to what I weighed before that specific cheat day. This utterly terrifies me. Does this mean that I’m not gonna be able to have cheat meals anymore for the rest of my life? That the day I decide to have a pizza and some drinks I’m immediately gonna jump back to my original weight and start losing what I’ve already lost, as if I’d just stared? How does one cheat day completely invalidate all my hard work and sacrifices? I might sound stupid, but I’m so confused and I’m completely devastated right now. Maybe someone can explain to me how and why this thing happens, I’d really appreciate it and maybe it will give me the strength to drag myself to my stationary bike before it gets too late and I waste another day.

submitted by /u/nikasorensen
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Sco2tB

No comments:

Post a Comment