Thursday, April 30, 2020

Am I losing weight to fast? Should I increase calories based on my current weight / height?

This might seem like a weird question but I'm worried I might be losing weight to fast since I started my weight loss journey. I gained around 80 pounds over the course of 8 years while being on medication to treat depression / anxiety that has a side effect of weight gain. No matter how hard I tried during that time I could not lose any weight. Now that my life is much better I have been able to get off that medication and the first thing I did was start dieting. It's really hard for me to compare how much weight I'm losing to other people since my weight gain came from a side effect of medication and just overall not being very active. I want to make sure I'm not harming my body even though I feel fine and have more energy then ever.

I'm 6 foot 5 and currently weight 230 pounds. I started my weight loss journey a little over 2 months ago and used a random app to calculate how many calories I should eat. My starting weight was 280 which means I lost 50 pounds in 2.5 months. I have been eating around 1700 calories a day and nothing but healthy home cooked meals as well as going for long walks and stretching. I have more energy then normal and don't feel like I'm always hungry. Keep in mind It's so hard for me to tell if I'm starving myself or not because I spent 8 years on a medication that made me hungry 24/7. Any advice would be appreciated. I'm obviously happy with my progress but have no idea if I'm doing this right due to how I gained the weight in the first place.

Thanks

Edit I should also mention I was consuming like 4000 calories a day for years while on that medication and my doctor mentioned to me a year ago she was shocked I wasn't 400 pounds due to my lifestyle.

submitted by /u/destinyl3gacy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2zF2XS1

No comments:

Post a Comment