Sunday, April 26, 2020

Metabolism messed up or low due to meds?

Hey guys! F(22), 5'7 here at 153lbs. I'm kind of worried that I messed up my metabolism as it seems to me that I'm consuming too few calories for my activity level.

Short background: When my grandpa passed away last December, I couldn't really eat much in my grief, forcing down one meal a day with not too many calories. When I learned about IF and healthy weight loss and stuff in February and started doing that, I went up to two meals a day but still only ate around 1200 cals while not working out much. The difference is that I now go for a 5k run three times a week, on longer walks the rest of the days and do body weight exercises. I'm consuming pretty much exactly 1300cals every day at the moment and am maintaining, so that seems to pose a line?

Physically and mentally I feel great. It might also be connected to just being outside that much (I live in the countryside) but my mood has spiked over the last two weeks and I feel like I have LOTS of energy (used to suffer from very low energy for the past 10 years), don't get headaches or anything, however I sleep bad (falling asleep takes two hours) which kind of worries me because I have never struggled with that and I read that it might be connected to a too big calorie deficit.

My other point is that because of a minor heart rhythm issue I'm taking propanolol (beta blockers) which may very well affect my BMR. Internet says that it might reduce BMR by 10% but I can't find much on it and I know that for example my physical working capacity and heart rate are reduced by around 30% due to the meds. I get thyroid checked out regularly but that seems to be alright.

So what I'm wondering is: Did I mess up my metabolism by not consuming enough calories or could that actually be a result of my meds (or is it enough altogether)? And could a dietitian actually calculate a personal BMR/TDEE for me that takes my meds and stuff into consideration? Should I take in more calories for a bit and see what happens?

submitted by /u/JustHaliteSnacks
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3aF6pZQ

No comments:

Post a Comment