Saturday, April 25, 2020

(NSV) Someone recognized that I’ve lost weight without me telling them for the first time yesterday, and it felt great. Now I’m putting that energy back into my weight loss.

31F SW:200 CW:166 GW:135 Office job, AD military.

Title says most of it. I started being deliberate about wanting to lose weight in January and have generally been working pretty hard at it. I joined a paid weight loss app and it has really been worth it - it takes me outside of my own head and teaches me things about how I respond to food etc in a way I’ve never been able to do trying to be more fit on my own. So I’ve been tracking my progress pretty closely throughout.

But here’s the thing. I don’t see the change in myself. I still feel as fat as ever, and it hadn’t really hit home that I was making a difference; at some point the numbers on the scale just don’t mean much. But being recognized by my coworkers for the change so far, that was extremely encouraging.

In the past couple of weeks, especially since the Rona shut so much down, I’ve fallen off of the dedicated track. I’m still calorie restricting, mostly, but I’m not checking in on the app, not logging meals, and my overall activity levels are far lower than they were before. I’ve been maintaining and had lost my drive. So now I’m going to take that positive feeling from my work being noticed and get back into things.

submitted by /u/CapnTaptap
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2S9UKMh

No comments:

Post a Comment