Monday, October 11, 2021

1 year after taking it serious

I've posted my story here before with the latest update 4 months ago here: https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/o9h208/25_years_later_update/

I wanted to post this to get this off my chest, sometimes it is easier to share with strangers on the internet that with people close by.

I reached some milestones in the last days/weeks.

  • This morning it was the first time I saw my scale start with 10x. I finally broke the 110 kg threshold. I can't remember when was the last time I was this light, it has to be at least 20 years ago.
  • I am starting to feel fit, I feel more confident in taking physical activities. I did a 50km bike ride couple weeks ago! Beside being able to complete it with only saddle pain, the best thing is that I was not worried beforehand about not being fit enough. I was confident I had the stamina to complete it and that felt great to not to worry about it.
  • Since losing the weight, on photos I did not really see a difference. Still saw the same big guy. But last week we were joking around at the office and someone took a photo of me and shared it with me. For the first time I felt I looked almost normal on the photo. Of course I am still overweight, but on the photo I saw myself as a normal person that heavy, rather than a fat person. It might not make really sense, but I felt great after seeing that photo.
  • And for me personally the most important thing, the weight loss gave me more self confidence. In my previous updates I wrote that I never had a real relationship. there was the occasional fling on a holiday, but never anyhting close to what you can call a relationship. I recently starting dating someone. She was the first person ever to tell me that I looked thinner than on the photos. While it might be early to call it a relationship, there is a good chance it is going in that direction after spending the whole weekend together, which started as just a simple dinner date.
submitted by /u/Volpaspoort
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3v0lpgJ

No comments:

Post a Comment