Sunday, October 17, 2021

Do you feel bad if you cheat while sick?

For the past 4 months I've been going through a body recomposition involving diet (~700kcal deficit) and intense weightlifting. In that time so far I've lost 14kg and built a lot of muscle.

I've come down with a cold (not COVID - tested negative) and I think I'm just going to use it as an opportunity to relax, reflect on my hard work so far and ease off on the diet. The science apparently says that you don't need to eat any more or less while you're sick, but I'm seeing it more as a mental health break. Why not make this cold as bearable as possible, replenish all my energy and then just go back hard into the diet and exercise when I'm ready?

I'm quite susceptible to colds and in the past I've let them completely derail my weight loss goals because they often last 1-2 weeks and by that point I've totally lost the groove, but I think this time I won't be so hard on myself because this journey isn't a race anyway. I'm not going to go all out on junk food but looking forward to a few good meals.

submitted by /u/Klassified94
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3pbhBYU

No comments:

Post a Comment