Sunday, October 17, 2021

Ready to start, am I planning this right?

Hello,

I am definitely not new to weight loss - I have been dieting for a long time and only recently, after what seemed to be an impossible plateau, I decided to give my body a break. I have have difficulties in the past due to this plateau (probably because of an underlying issue with my thyroid), so I am a bit scared to do all the work and fail again. But if you don't start you have already lost, right?

The goal:

Loose 20 kg/44 lbs, no time goal: it is going to take what it is going to take but hey, if I reach the goal for summer 2022 I am not going to complain :-) No particular goal body, maybe tone up a big, but the fat has to go first. I've already lost 20 kgs/44 lbs in the past (and regained 10/22...), but I then plateaued hard for years and this discouraged me A LOT.

The data:

According to this website, I should be eating 1400 kcal daily if I stick to the planned training routine, and if I want to loose approximately 0.25 kgs/0.55 lbs a week - which should be an acceptable rate of losing weight.

The food:

I will be having three main meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner), and two snacks (between lunch and dinner, and before going to bed).

I am planning to do batch cooking on Sundays following this simple plate scheme for lunch and dinner (sorry for the measurements in grams, let me know what works for you guys and I will add it):

2/4 (half a plate) veggies, approx 200 gr: might be the whole half cooked, or 1/2 cooked 1/2 raw. I don't put a limit on veggies though, if I want more I just add, as long as it's just veggies.

1/4 protein, approx 100 gr/50 gr if uncooked lentils/beans.

1/4 grains, approx 50 gr uncooked or bread.

A bit of healthy fats (like, the size of my thumb?): olive oil, nuts, avocados are my favs.

I might be pairing all the grains or all of the proteins in a meal - for example: all the grains for lunch, all the protein for dinner - depending also on what I will be cooking. I am a vegan, so I find grains and protein to be equally important in my diet in order to get all the aminoacids.

Breakfast, I will be doing a similar thing, but in smaller amount and with fruit:

Oats (30 gr not cooked) w plant milk (100 gr, I'll be using water if more is required), a scoop of protein powder (30 gr), a handful of frozen berries, and a click/10 gr of peanut butter.

If I feel that I want to cook, I do instead tofu scramble (50 gr tofu + 15 gr chickpea flour) either with vegan bacon (like, two slices/30 gr) or avocado (a thumb) and bread. It usually happens though once a week, or on weekends.

The "cheat meal": a thing that I really like is to order take outs on weekends. It's my end of the week treat and it usually covers the calories of the entire day. I usually wake up around noon on weekends and I have no problem to skip breakfast in order to save up some calories, but it's something I really want to give myself: I am a foodie after all :-) It's usually around 2000 kcal. Unsure how "mentally" healthy it is to then make up for the calories, so I tend not to if I don't really have training that day, and instead just enjoy the meal. This happens only once a week.

Another mini treat I might "fall" for, is something sweet on Thursday. There's a bakery where I live that has special donuts every Thursdays, and I grab one if it's something I never tried. I usually make it work in my daily calories, just cutting out all the fats for the day and some of the grains and keeping myself into my daily kcals. Again, unsure how sabotaging this can be.

The snack: no-frigging-clue. I might have a shake with fruits and protein powder as I don't like fruit as it is (but shake is fine, and it should still contain all the nutrients, right?), or a protein bar if I have a sweet tooth. But I am a bread person, and I love having a sandwich as a snack. Might have some vegan fake meat on it, or spread, or whatever, but the bread is the main character here. If you have any tips on what to use instead of white bread I'd be grateful.

The training & rest:

I will be doing the Fitness Kickstarter on The Sufferfest (an app for cycling), which is basically 3x biking a week, 1x strength, plus yoga and mental training. I might be adding 1x whole body strength training to it if I feel the need to. This for 6 weeks, then I will be adjusting so that I do 2x cardio/biking and 3x strength (what split do you recommend? Upper/lower/full body should be fine?).

I might sneak some walking during the day, but I live in a place with shitty weather (very windy, very rainy, or very both) so that will be hard. Add that I wfh mostly, and there you go.

Rest, I will try to get at least 7 hours sleep, aiming to 8. Funnily, this is going to be the hardest. But I will try!

I am starting tomorrow. Any tips, encouragement or kind word is appreciated. No TL;DR this time, sorry :-) Thanks for reading this far. Let's do this!

submitted by /u/_hail-seitan_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3viBxua

No comments:

Post a Comment