Monday, October 4, 2021

Finally broke into Onederland!

G: M, H: 5' 10" SW: 319lb CW: 197.8lb

I did it, bloody hell I've done it. 120.2lbs off in just 256 days, that's an average of .46lbs Per Day! There is 37.8% Less of me than there was at the start of the year.

It has been a long journey I believe the last update I posted here was 45pds ago and honestly sticking to it has kept me on track. Logging everything I eat to the gram to make sure I don't go over my 1500 cal budget, hitting the gym 4-5 times a week while focusing on cardio (1 resistance training day to preserve muscle mass). Its so simple when you say it like that but it is never easy. That is a tough motto I've had to learn these past 9 months weight loss might be simple but its not easy. For all of you still struggling to loose just remember if this doofus can do it so can you.

My largest piece of advice besides sticking to the diet is not to never have cheat days but do not have routine cheat days. That is don't have a cheat meal every weekend, have a cheatmeal for every 10lbs or so you've lost, that way you feel rewarded for loosing and the extra calories do not significantly affect your weight loss rate. What I did personally was have a cheat meal at 50lbs, 75lbs, 100lbs and I will be having one later this week for hitting my goal and each of my cheat meals was only an extra 500 cal added to that day's limit. But I can understand the desire to have them more often, just so long as it doesn't become part of a routine. I feel that keeping it from being routine is important to not becoming dependent on it. I might be talking nonsense but that for me is the line between reward for doing well and just something I get for existing.

While I am done with my diet (I know I'm still at an overweight bmi don't @ me) this is not the end of my health journey. The trick is going to be keeping it off and not swinging right back up. This has been far too taxing for me to just go back to where I was. To that end I plan on reverse dieting by adding 50 cal to my daily budget each week till I hit sedentary maintenance (in 14-15 or so weeks) then change my workout routine to be primarily resistance rather than cardio and focus on recomp. At this point I know I'll have to readjust my diet to properly accommodate protein needs and find my true post workout maintenance and eat that but that's a future me problem. Since I'm going to be easing out of the diet very slowly I hope to settle in the low 190's even after the post diet water weight regain.

Thank you all for listening to my little rant, I hope that my journey can help you along with yours. This sub has really helped me be the best winner at loosing I can be.

submitted by /u/Shorewood364283
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3A4t26E

No comments:

Post a Comment