Monday, October 4, 2021

I HATE when people comment on peoples weight

I absolutely hate when people have the audacity to say something like “you’ve lost so much, that’s so unhealthy. Eat more” or “why are you so big, are you eating all the food in the house” it’s so disgusting and sad and being African makes it 10x worse. I remember a family friend came over to my house and it was when I’d gained over 100 pounds in the span of 2 years and she was so disgusting. She said I needed to stop eating everything in the house but the thing was because I’d lost weight so drastically in the past, I gained it back extremely fast and for her to say that pissed me off.

My mom too, she always nags on me that I need to be a size Medium, that messes with my head because I don’t want to think of my weight loss journey in terms clothing sizes, last time she told me that i just had to sit and cover my ears until she was done. Why can’t people just mind their business. My mom also does this thing where I’ll be having a normal conversation with her or I’ll joke around and then out of nowhere she just says “go loose some weight” or “go exercise “ one time she even called me an elephant. but she herself knows nothing about calorie deficit or fitness and doesn’t even go to the gym and then cries about how she’s fat, she’s overweight but not obese. I feel like my parents can’t see me for nothing other than my weight. My opinions in the family compared to my healthy weight siblings are NEVER heard. I feel like I never get a say in anything and the only time my mom says I look good is when I put makeup on 😒

AND then when you are trying to loose weight people suddenly become health experts and love to tell you that you’re doing it wrong or you’re not loosing it fast enough. Fast enough??? I’m sorry I want something that I can sustain not a quick fix and then relapse back into old habits!!

submitted by /u/No-Communication4384
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YegzQK

No comments:

Post a Comment