Monday, October 4, 2021

Have lots of tasty data but struggling to figure out amount to eat

Table of Data on Calories and weight for September

I have been using the TDEE spreadsheet from r/xxfitness to figure out what my maintenance calories are and to see my patterns. My maintenance calories are 1,545 so to have a .5% weight loss rate per week I calculate that I should eat 1,232.5 cals per day. The red highlighted days are days I went over maintenance calories.

Earlier this year I was trying to eat 1,400 to try and go more slow and easier but I ended up gaining 5lbs over the year because I was not consistent. As you can see from the chart I'm also struggling with way over eating on some days. So I'm kind of unsure what to do at this point. If I eat at a greater deficit then it seems to better counteract my over the top days but I don't know if that's causing my over the top days because I'm not eating enough.

I feel frustrated with how little I'm able to eat but I guess that's the life of a shorty that works a desk job. :C I do workout 5Xs a week. 2x's lifting an hour, 2x's running around 30 mins. and 1 hour yoga each week.

The rest of my life is pretty sedentary though. I have heard about trying Macros over calories but it seems stressful to juggle 3 numbers everyday instead of just 1.

Any advice or suggestions? Thank you in advance for your help and time.

submitted by /u/IJustLikePlants
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3DbBPpu

No comments:

Post a Comment