Tuesday, October 19, 2021

I’m no longer prediabetic.

I went in for a checkup, marking my first visit to my doctor since I began my weight loss journey. I’m down 88 pounds since my last visit and it still feels surreal. My nurse and doctor were impressed and congratulated me not only on my weight loss but all of my fitness and athletic gains. It was quite the contrast from last visits when my weight was a decidedly negative issue in our discussions.

They both assured me my blood test results would be “beautiful” this time around, just as my blood pressure reading was in the office. I wanted to believe them but still felt skeptical, almost as if all of these health gains were part of my imagination.

I had just finished a weightlifting session with my personal trainer when my phone alerted me to my test results email. I was anxious as I clicked on the link and loaded the message. “You did it!” wrote my doctor and attached were my perfectly healthy results. I’m no longer prediabetic.

I’ve hit so many weight loss and fitness goals this year. I’ve done so many things I never thought possible. Through it all, I’ve felt like a fraud, like I’m living in my imagination or a dream world. It wasn’t until I read those test results that everything hit me in full force. I really did stop bad health outcomes in their tracks and have built a new better future for myself and my child as well. A few weeks shy of my child’s 15th birthday and I can now say I’m back at my pre-pregnancy weight and have regained my metabolic health again. What a non-scale victory!

submitted by /u/Flourgirl85
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3G1JQzd

No comments:

Post a Comment