Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Just can’t figure out why I can’t lose weight any more. Male 21

Hello all! First time posting here but have been a long time lurker. I wanted to see if I could get some advice on what’s going on with me and what I’m doing wrong. (Yes I’m asking strangers on the internet but I’ve learned mostly everything in my life from YouTube and Reddit so I’m a believer in strangers 😆)

Back in 2016 when I was 16 I weighed in at 310 and I decided I needed to make some changes. I had a friend who told me about the bulletproof diet and how good it was. So I bought the book, followed it to a T and lose 90 pounds down to 220 in about 2 years so now we are at 2018. I was so happy and was shooting for 200 pounds. Long story short I then when on and off with dieting and gained back 60 pounds up to 280 over about the next year. 2019. then again I decided to get serious and tried the bulletproof diet again. And to my disappointment it didn’t work. I lost maybe 15 pounds over 4 months. Whereas before I was losing about a pound a day. So I started learning about diets.

I tried vegan. Same story. Little to no weight loss. I tried OMAD. Same story I tried vegetarian. Same story I tried whole30. Same story I tried calorie counting. Same story I tried chicken and rice. Same story I tried just drinking shakes. Same story I tried just regular keto. Same story

So I gave up and gained back up to 300 pounds then I decided to get real help and hired a nutrition coach. He taught me how to count calories and macros. He taught me the science behind it and how it should work. And why it’s in a sense the best thing to do even though it’s often the slowest method. Same story with him though. We just couldn’t figure out why I couldn’t lose weight. He urged me to get checked out by a doctor. So I did and everything came back good and as healthy as can be.

So now i don’t have that coach and I’m doing it on my own. What I don’t get is from what I know about nutrition (and I probably am wrong obviously by my results) what I am currently doing should work and it’s not.

My current stats are 295 pounds 21 years old 6 foot tall and workout 3-5 times a week for at-least an hour. So I tried:

I did 1700 calories with a 60fat/10carb/30protein split.

I stayed 100% on my meals for 3 months. lost 10 pounds within the first week then never lost another pound.

So I changed to 1800 calories with 45protein/15carb/40fat

No weight loss. After 1 month

So I am currently going on 3 weeks of 2400 calories with a 45pro/10carb/40fat split

Same story. Actually I gained 3 pounds.

I’m just at a loss it worked before and now nothing works. When I’m on my meal plans I’m 100% strict except for 1 “cheat” MEAL a week. Usually sushi.

Any help would be super very much appreciated. Maybe I’m way off or maybe I just need to do a little tweaking.

I eat 3 meals a day and I measure everything with a food scale and or measuring utensils such as a TBSP and 1/2 cup measurer and scan the barcode on the MyFitnessPal app when I can to make sure I’m getting everything 99% accurate. I use MyFitnessPal to log everything and make my meal plans.

I don’t do any snacks just 3 meals with equal calories and macros. I just get my totals for the day and divide by 3 to get each meal. Also I eat at 9, 1, and 5. I usually eat a good breakfast then a smoothie shake thing for lunch and a salad for dinner.

Cheat meal once a week is normally 4 sushi rolls.

submitted by /u/Obiwangkinobi7777
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3uJJyrC

No comments:

Post a Comment