Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Just keep going, a beginners journey of imperfection

I'm not exactly sure the point/ramble of this post, other than to say that I am continuing to lose weight and today I weighed the lowest so far since I started at the end of July (CW 251.1 according to the scale, down 18lbs so far). I feel like weight loss is just mostly a long game of mental discipline, taking it one day at a time. It almost feels like an addiction program of sorts where we admit where we are powerless/have slipped and just keep going forward. Keep positive, keep believing...

I calculated my TDEE but have not gotten around to using MFP or tracking apps. I haven't really started a fitness program yet but I do work a 2nd job in the evenings doing deliveries so that helps keep me from being a stationary office worker all day. Every once in a while I drive past a KFC and blow that day's calories, but I forgive myself and mostly sticking to my -500 to -1000 calories from TDEE. I have used Premier protein drinks to replace a meal per day which has helped. I've cut my 100% soda / all fast food diet to 1 soda a day max and I am reading nutritional labels on everything keeping a general tab of my calorie spending each day... It's working... I'm losing weight. Since the first day I've taped a white sheet of paper to the front of my bathroom door with date, weight, and TDEE and it helps me remind myself to keep with it.

I realize I'm going to have to do more as I lose more, but for now, I'm happy for my progress. In truth, I like eating large portions of lasagna, pizza and cookies. I'm not really sure that will ever change, but I would rather look in the mirror and see the best version of myself and the 269lb version of me isn't it, so I will keep substituting veggies for noodles/rice when I eat out, keep going to the supermarket and attempt to make good choices each day and fight the good fight.

We have this.. We can do this!

submitted by /u/Looking_for_humanity
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3AxVgH7

No comments:

Post a Comment