Sunday, October 10, 2021

Looking for help on breaking through a plateau

I feel I should start with a little background information on me: I am a male in my 30’s and I am 6’2”. I have slowly but surely lost 166lbs over the last 5 years (56lbs this year alone) from my highest weight of 368lbs to my current weight of 202lbs as of this morning. I use CICO, I log everything, and I weigh my food to the gram to make sure my logs are perfect and I know I’m operating in a very real deficit. I also lift weights three days per week using a simple/beginner friendly full body routine. My goal weight is 185lbs and I’ve never been this close in all of my past years of losing and regaining weight so I’m fairly determined to see this through to the maintenance phase.

As for my problem, I have hit a plateau in my weight loss and this time instead of saying fuck it and eating 5000 calories a day I’m asking for advice. My “maintenance” calories according to most calculators or formulas should be around 2600 calories/day and I have been eating 1600 calories/day so I should be losing 2lbs per week going by the standard 3500 calories = 1lbs. Instead over the last two full months I have lost a combined total of only 4.8lbs when previously I was losing 10-12lbs/month.

Now, I know and understand that I was at a far larger deficit when I had more weight to lose and I’m not expecting anything like 4lbs/week but I am expecting more than 0.6lbs/week at a 1000 calorie/day deficit.

So is this just what it’s like when you get within 20lbs of your goal? Should I be re-feeding or adding cheat meals? Should I go down to 1400 or 1200 calories/day?I’m kind of at a loss for what I should change as I’ve always just trusted the deficit and things have worked out but after two months of dragging on I’m starting to get frustrated and I’m losing sight of the end goal. Any advice is appreciated.

submitted by /u/sans_cogito
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3ArXnfK

No comments:

Post a Comment