Sunday, October 10, 2021

Lost 11 pounds in the last few months by essentially stopping snacking and adding physical activity. Feel like I *finally* cracked the code on weight loss - it’s a sad realization that from now on, I will just have to treat food as fuel and not as a source of comfort or a treatment for boredom…

Title explains. My stats: female, 33 yo, 5 11 tall, currently 147 lbs, down from 158 or so. Started this process in July.

I am tall so the weight loss barely shows. But it’s started to show in conjunction with physical activity, I have mini abs now? And clothes fit more comfortably.

Food-wise I basically stopped snacking outside of meal times. For bf, I do oatmeal, cereal or eggs w sourdough slices. Lunch: I like to make a curry or a chili and just warm it up for 4-5 days straight. I work from home so it’s easy. Dinner: husband and I usually eat fish or chicken w some of grains and vegetables. I have started to enjoy paleo meals and cutting carbs, but I still eat a lot of quinoa, rice. Cheating on weekends. But not the way I used to.

Snacks-that was hard. I try to avoid food inbetween meals, maybe have a banana if I’m starving. When I watch movies at night, I eat seaweed or pea snacks. Also bought a huge box of Skinny pop from Costco-100 kcal per bag and I get my fix.

It’s been sad to accept that food is just this fuel now but if I want to maintain my weight as a woman in her 30s-40s and etc, I cannot turn to food just because. I try to eat when I’m hungry and ask myself “am I really hungry right now” or just bored or anxious? I scratch the itch with drinking a lot of tea-when I want to ingest something, I make myself a cup of holy basil tea, for example. And try to chill…or do some organizing task around the house.

I’ve always hated exercise. I suck at it. I got an Apple Watch and got serious about counting steps. Aiming for 7000-10000 daily. I also started doing yoga and Pilates with video and recently went in for an in person Pilates class.

My other amazing finds were the Mobility workouts on daily burn. I hate cardio, weights and HIIT, the mobility workouts are just a good way to get your body moving again without crazy jumping and cardio-movement should feel good and I’m done trying to do things that I do not enjoy.

One of my motivations was actually the fact that it was getting more difficult to find bottoms that would work on me, I was constantly inbetween sizes, M or L, 6 or 8, 30 or 31 jeans. Nothing fit because as a pear shape, my waist is small so there would be a huge waist opening, but then the fabric would pull at the hips. Shopping became frustrating and I don’t have the patience to take everything in for alterations. I am just trying to go back to being a medium bottom. I’ve been a medium my entire life, so at some point I will just stop trying to lose a bit more and try to stay there. My current goal weight is 143.

It’s a journey. It’s the hardest thing. I wish everyone luck.

submitted by /u/shortestnightoftheyr
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3DtK7cs

No comments:

Post a Comment