Saturday, October 9, 2021

Tips for a beginner at the gym?

Howdy partners!

I’ll start off by saying that I’m a 5’6” F, currently 240lb. I’ve lost weight in the past, mainly by utilising IF and the pretty walking trail near my old house, but gained it all back over the lockdowns.

I’ve been back in my IF grind and have lost maybe 5lb so far but after being diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my knees last year from a old injury I’ve realised I should really be working out as well, for weight loss and general health.

I’ve found a new gym near my house that’s only $9AUD per week and have decided to sign up. The thing is I’ve never stepped foot in a gym and I’m lost as to what I should be doing. My knees aren’t too bad and my doctor recommended walking/jogging as a suitable activity (and it’s one I’ve always enjoyed) so the treadmill is a must, however I do want to incorporate some light strength training/weights as well to keep my knees strong and tone as I go.

What would y’all recommend for me? Are there any particular pieces of equipment I should be leaning toward?

I also have a bit of anxiety about stepping in there for the first time, and I’m a bit nervous I may lose my motivation. Any tips regarding that as well would be greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/intinglux
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3ao4xXC

No comments:

Post a Comment