Sunday, October 10, 2021

Troubles switching to "maintenance" mindset

About a year ago, I started on my weight loss journey.

At 97.4kg (215lbs / 15 stone) I was the heaviest I had ever been. And I felt horrible. Talking with a colleague, who wanted to lose weight before their wedding, gave me a push in the right direction.

Over the next 12 month (and with the support of the wonderful folks over at the European posts!), I lost 23.5kg (52lbs / 4 stone), gained 3 back (thanks, vacation!), and lost 2.5 again. On October 6th, exactly 1 year after I logged my first "this time for real" weight, I weighed in at 74.4kg. I am still overweight. But I like myself so much more. I feel confident. And sexy. Right now, I don't want to lose any more weight.

But I have trouble switching to a maintenance mindset.

I want to up my calories slowly. An additional daily 100 calories each week or every other week, until I'm at my goal of (roughly) 1,700 calories per day. (eg: w1+w2 1,400, w3+w4 1,500, ...) Hopefully that will prevent lots of water weight. :)

But I liked seeing the numbers go down. And suddenly being able to eat more feels weird. Yesterday, after a big dinner of sautéed mushrooms and cooked potatoes, I still had 300 calories left. And I didn't know what to do with them. Even though I KNOW I can't continue eating 1,300 calories for the rest of my life. Sure, a day or two with only 1,300 calories won't do much in the long run. And while 100 calories more each day doesn't seem like much, being able to eat 400 more each day (that's half of my favourite frozen pizza!!) seems so weird!

If you have any tips on how to transition from weight loss to maintenance, please let me know! :) I want to do it right this time!

submitted by /u/Gatita_Gordita
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3BuUKuW

No comments:

Post a Comment