Friday, October 15, 2021

Unable to control my eating in social situations

hey all, so i’ve realised that there’s this thing that i do that has been hindering my weight loss and i’m not quite sure how to change it. it’s that every time i have a social gathering/hangout with friend/anything that involves eating untracked calories, i feel very nervous several days before. l begin to alter my diet the few days before in order to accomodate for the extra calories i will consume. i expect that i will be eating a lot, so i’ll do more cardio and eat less leading up to that day. i just can’t seem to get it off my mind and my heart races very quickly when i think about eating more - in a bad way. on the day, i realise that even when i feel full, i can’t bring myself to stop eating. even when i can acknowledge that i am satisfied, i feel like i shouldn’t stop eating, i feel like I’ve earned it. this feeling washes over me, similar to the “i’ve messed up my diet i may just go full ham” but it’s “i’ve worked hard for this so i need to eat more to make it worth it”. and so, after today’s picnic with a friend and 1000 calories over my daily budget, i am drowning in guilt again and i feel like all the hard work i’ve put in has been wasted.

i’m not quite sure what to do, i have begun to find myself dreading social situations where i’ll be eating untracked cals even if i’m spending valuable time with my friends, this isn’t like me at all. the thought of going off track is frightening, especially when i’ve put in dedication and effort throughout the week. i don’t want to throw all this hard work away, and i thought the best way to combat this was by planning for these ‘cheat’ days ahead, but clearly it’s not working. i would really appreciate any advice to help with this situation, especially as i have another catch up with a friend tomorrow. after today’s ‘fail’ i am literally on the verge of cancelling :(

submitted by /u/lyd3000
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YOGP4R

No comments:

Post a Comment