Friday, October 15, 2021

Weight gain w/ workouts

Hey everyone, I started working out June 2021. I was doing outdoor HIIT from June until September. At that point I had lost 50 lbs from diet alone. I switched to weight training 3x a week (sometimes 4) in a gym. It's mostly free weights and a few machines. Since starting my workout I've gained 25 lbs back. Most of that has been since September. For the most part I am eating healthy. I have had a few days where I have been insatiable, mainly after leg day. My smart scale shows 6 lbs gained on muscle, but I know that those can be inaccurate as it only measures up to the belly button. My calories are within my suggested amounts as well.. They are about 400 less per day than when I had lost the initial 50 lbs!

I'm just wondering if anyone else hit a wall like this after starting weight training? Obviously, I've looked online. Most articles say that I can expect a handful of pounds, temporarily, but nothing this drastic.

Oh, I also measured myself and in total I've lost 19 inches, but that includes the initial 50 lb weight loss. Since June I've not lost in inches, I have gained in some areas but I expected that.

Everyone around me says that they can't physically see weight gain of 25 lbs, or any at all. That's the only thing reassuring me right now.

submitted by /u/Beckabeckabecka
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3vo75yH

No comments:

Post a Comment