Sunday, October 17, 2021

Weight loss from sitting and gaming

I firmly believe that diet has a much greater impact on weight loss than exercise. Exercise promotes your health in countless ways, but won't help you lose weight as fast as changing your eating habits will.

I like to exercise, but I have a lot of difficulty not overeating after exercising. A few extra bites of a meal can negate the calories I just burned.

I was able to lose 20+ lbs in the last 3 months because I stopped working out, and sat on my ass playing video games for hours a day. When I game, my bodily functions become low priority. I don't use the bathroom until it's suddenly an emergency, and I don't eat until I start getting light-headed. I also smoke less when gaming.

When I'm physically active, I can't stop thinking about food. When I'm trying to work online, I can't stop thinking about food. When I'm gaming, food is completely unimportant. I only eat enough to quiet my body down, and go back to playing.

I'm not telling anyone to do what I do, as I know that being sedentary is terrible for my health, and I'm sure I have mental problems that affect my relationship with food. I just see a lot of posts from users frustrated that they're not losing weight after weeks of working out.

Keep exercising, but know that weight loss really speeds up by reducing your calorie intake.

submitted by /u/Somethingokwhatever
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Xklj76

No comments:

Post a Comment