Monday, October 4, 2021

What advice do you have for someone who keeps failing to lose weight?

How do I gain motivation? Hating myself is not enough. Where do I look to find recipes that aren’t too expensive? And more importantly, how do I get to the mindset that I’m doing this for myself and not to be validated by superficial people who only want to see me as a sexual object?

I was losing weight but I soon noticed that the sole reason I was doing it was to get “pretty privilege” it made me feel bad. I struggle with bulimia. I’m not morbidly obese, but I’m fat. Let’s say it as it is.

I get so discouraged when people compliment my weight loss, but I’m losing weight by starving myself. I lost 20 lbs and recently gained them all back by binge eating because the guilt of being complimented at the expense of my mental and physical well-being got to me.

I want to lose weight, I’m tired of being fat and feeling ugly. I just don’t know what to do or where to start.

I know that you all know too damn well how I feel and I would love it if I could get some encouragement and advice from people who know what this is like.

Also the “health at every size” movement really messed with my desires to be who I want to be. I was called fat phobic by some people for mentioning that I don’t like my weight.

submitted by /u/closeted-strawberry
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Ykz4n0

No comments:

Post a Comment