Friday, October 1, 2021

What would a healthy-ish maintain plan look like?

For various reasons I don't feel I can really aim for weight loss at the moment. However, I would rather not pile on any more and I would like to eat more healthily in general.

My problem is that I associate healthy eating with weight loss, since that has defined most of my life, and I just can't really get my head around what healthy eating without calorie restriction looks like.

To add to that, I would say that my base diet is probably quite healthy, and fairly similar to what I would do when I'm aiming for weighloss, BUT right now I have bigger portions, plus additional sides, plus sweets and desserts, which I would normally cut out or greatly reduce when trying to lose weight.

My standard approach to 'trying to eat healthy' would mean cutting these extra unhealthy bits out, which would put me in a calorie deficit, which doesn't go down well at the moment.

I suspect that my maintenance calories are around 2100 a day.

I am interested to know what your diet looks like at a similar calorie intake? Do you say no to all treats or how much do you allow? What healthy but not necessarily low calorie snacks do you eat?

Also, I feel like I should probably increase calories in my main meals at the same time as cutting out snacks and sweets, but I am really scared that I will just end up eating it all and put even more weight on! Did anyone succeed with a similar approach?

submitted by /u/flying_unipig
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3a2aWHH

No comments:

Post a Comment