Sunday, September 29, 2024

Finally Getting The "Losing Too Much Weight" Comments

I started getting comments on my weight loss after losing ~20lbs. It was just the regular "are you losing weight?" type of comments. However, it took about 30ish pounds to get my first "you're losing too much weight" comment. I'm down ~40 now, but the first time I got a comment about "losing too much weight" was sometime in August when I was down around ~30 and about 190lbs. Today I got another comment from a coworker that I was losing too much weight. When I told him that I still got around 35 more to go, he seemed surprised. I'm 5'8 and 185 lbs lol. It's funny to me because I feel like I'm still very fat. It might be because I'm still wearing my XL shirts I was wearing 40lbs ago, so my belly isn't very visible, but even with clothes on I feel like I look fat. Maybe it's just that body dysmorphia, maybe I am visibly fat and people are being nice, or maybe people have gotten so fat that we look at an overweight mf and think that's healthy, but regardless it's been interesting to think about.

Also want to talk a bit about patience because I've seen some posts relating to it recently. Before I started to lose weight it felt like time would fly by. The days, weeks, and months were short. Now it can feel like the month is never coming to an end and it's going to be an eternity before I hit that next milestone. It sucks, but you just need to grind through it. I look back now at pictures I took at 220, 210, 200, 190, and it's crazy to me that only a few months ago I was at such a heavy weight. Now 170 feels like it's still far away, but I know that in ~2 months I'll be lookin' back and thinking "damn I've come a long way". Stick with it because time will pass regardless and I know you'd rather be looking back 3, 4, 5, 6 months from now thinking "can't believe I was that heavy" rather than "god I wish I would've stuck with it."

Find your rhythm and let weight loss fade into the background. It's good to keep your mind busy with other goals while you're losing weight, because the more you think about weight loss the worse the wait feels. If you're overweight/obese then you probably have some other issues in your life that you'd like to sort out. Since it's going to take a while to get that "ideal" body you have in mind, then it's best you sort out that shit now so that when you get to your goal weight you'll be in the best place possible. Don't let your current weight stop you from fixing and living your life.

submitted by /u/RandoInternetDude12
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/O6WLiar

No comments:

Post a Comment