Sunday, September 22, 2024

I’ve just discovered this community and I’m already thankful for it!

Weight loss has been a strange mental journey for me. I spent most of my childhood living in diet fad culture, and most of my adulthood trying to rewrite my internal narrative of personal acceptance as motherhood and life/work stress brought on unwanted pounds. This year came with many life changes that alleviated a lot of my work stress and gave me the ability to focus on my health - and I can earnestly say I feel more like myself than I have in years. Joint pain has alleviated, flexibility has come back, and my day to day energy has skyrocketed. Social interactions are totally different. People are nicer, friendlier. And I’ll admit in a way it makes me mourn for my past self. The way our society tends to treat those that are overweight. I still have a journey ahead but it’s a sobering experience in a weird way. Even still, it’s giving me new life and I’m thankful for it.

submitted by /u/Mellow_Nellie
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Ud3c1NM

No comments:

Post a Comment