Thursday, September 26, 2024

NSV: Walking regularly has increased my energy levels and endurance

SW: 177 lbs CW: 154 lbs GW: 140 lbs

Hello 👋🏻 I (25F) started my weight loss journey in July 2023. I had great results using Lose It! to count my calories, but have since hit somewhat of a plateau since now Lose It! has a paywall to access the barcode scanner. I’ve been trying on and off to use Lifesum since it gives free access to the scanner, but since it doesn’t have as many foods on it it’s been hard for me to consistently do it.

That aside, in April of this year I moved much closer to my job (from a 40 minute one way commute to a 15 minute one way commute) so I talked to my boss to extend my lunch to an hour so I could take walks. I work in a small city/town and conveniently my work is near a park and in a small downtown area. I’ve been walking at least every weekday since for 30 minutes.

Yesterday I kind of screwed up a little and thought a meet was at 2:00pm when it was at 1:30pm. At 1:15pm I was on my walk, in the middle of the park, and my coworker calls me because they don’t know where I am. I start running to the office (taking a break to wait to cross a busy street and trying to walk slowly over the wet bricks in some sections of sidewalk) and I found that I didn’t get as tired as I used to during running.

Also, today, I was with that same coworker because we have to inspect outfalls. The outfalls that we had to inspect were in the forest, at the edge of a development. We had to go up and down a steep hill, walk through the woods, and move large tree branches. At the end of it she was out of breath, but I felt so energetic like I could walk through the woods for another hour.

I just wanted to share that because I feel good about myself and my health. If anyone has any suggestions about what app I could use to track my calories, I’d appreciate it. Also, maybe a little niche, but if someone could suggest maybe a non traditional sport/activity I could do outside that would be kind of adventurous I would be interested to look into it.

Thank you! 😊

submitted by /u/Aloe5651_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2sPqBE7

No comments:

Post a Comment