Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Prioritizing Cardio Over Weight Training - Good Idea?

Hello! I am 24F(5'2) SW: 200lbs GW: 125 CW: 144

I have been in a rut for most of the year bouncing around between 145-150. Last month and this month I got more serious about my weight loss after 6-7 months of mostly maintaining (probably because I wasn't tracking my calories well enough).

My old routine was two to three days of lifting with light cardio (half mile run after upper body or walks on off-days) in between. The scale wasn't making any big changes and I think that disheartened me and threw me off.
I have changed my routine up now to increase my cardio (at least 2 5ks a week and more walking, full body lift once a week) and I know this might hurt my overall muscle progress but I weighed in today at 144 and felt great, like I'm finally getting out of my rut.

So basically I'm wondering if others would recommend I continue to prioritize cardio or if I should try to balance it more and add the lifting back? After I hit my goal weight I plan to focus more on re-comp so I'm unsure if I should just table it for now or keep it in the rotation.

submitted by /u/catmom-99
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/y9WuqiE

No comments:

Post a Comment