Thursday, September 5, 2024

Weighing in on the daily weigh-in

Newbie here. I'm 46f, with a modest weight loss goal of 10lbs. For years and years I have been anti-scale. I was 16 when I first began undereating and overexercising as a way to maintain a certain number on the scale. Those days are long gone, and I have been maintaining a healthy lifestyle since then. Although I am at an average weight, I could certainly stand to lose about 10 lbs. I want to use a scale but am so afraid of living and dying by the number it shows--it took me years to shake that obsession. Do those of you who weigh in daily, how does the number you see affect you?

I really want to get a scale because I think it could be an excellent motivator, but I'm a little afraid of how it could hurt my self-esteem and become something I fixate on.

submitted by /u/melmelmel8
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/fWxwbSV

No comments:

Post a Comment