Monday, September 16, 2024

How to get back to it?

I was consistently losing weight since March, and lost about 50 pounds. I think I hit 175ish around mid-July/early August?

But then I got covid, so wasn't able to get in any physical activity for the second half of July. After I recovered, in early August I injured my back while lifting, then sprained my ankle at the end of August. Now I won't be able to properly work out until October.

A huge reason for my weight loss was because I was finally able to change my eating habits because I was in college and away from my parents. I was making my own food. Then in the summer, my parents kept insisting I eat their food and I refused most of the time, but once I was sick/injured I had to eat that food since I was unable to cook myself (and I had no idea about the calorie count, it was all estimation). Now I'm finding I am going back to those terrible habits that took me so much mental work to break. Like eating out, buying junk food, eating until I'm stuffed. It's almost as bad as it was before I started working on those things. I still do track my calories and I am in fact, going over maintenance :(

Basically I have been measuring in around 175-180 pounds since August-present, though I am not sure how much of it is water weight because I have been eating quite bad, but certainly have not been losing weight. So I'm kind of maintaining/gaining weight, but I do eat over sedentary maintenance a lot of days (though at the moment I am unsure how to measure my activity level because I am walking to classes and such). I'm also not sure how much of it is water weight, but I have for sure not been losing weight.

Not being able to get in activity is awful because I would go and dance or lift instead of eating out of boredom, and now I can't do any of those things so I tend to eat out of boredom. I do walk to my classes so these days I get in about 8-10k steps a day, but I am trying not to do any extra walking so that I don't aggravate my ankle any more.

It's so disheartening because I wanted to be at 154 and finally be at a normal weight by the end of the year, but these things have pushed back my progress so much. I've also lost a lot of my motivation to lose weight just because I'm at home all the time now.

I've been dancing before I event started the deficit in March and I attribute a lot of my weight loss to dancing, so just not being able to distract myself from food like that is so upsetting.

I just don't know how to get back into losing weight, any advice?

submitted by /u/wlj2022
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/tJRGNIf

No comments:

Post a Comment