Saturday, September 28, 2024

Is loosing weight on SSRIs really hard?

So i went on SSRIs 2 years ago for my anxiety and i think they helped me a good bit. My anxiety didnt go away but it didnt feel unstoppable anymore. Since then, ive stayed on them and for one reason or another ive put on 80 pounds. I calorie counted for 2 years or so before i went on SSRIs and lost lots of weight, stopping shortly before i was perscribed.

I know SSRIs cause weight gain in many cases but i also know i was not vigilant watching what ive eaten the past 2 years as well. Do SSRIs slow down my metabolism or just make me hungirer? I feel like ill be able to loose weight again if it is just hunger but im really scared to try if its my metabolism being effected. I dont want to starve myself and still not see any weight loss due to every little thing i have blowing me up like a balloon.

I know my mental health is important but isnt it better to be a bit anxious than 80lbs overweight? That cant be good for my long-term health. Should I talk to my doctor about going off my meds and learning to cope without them before i try to loose weight again?

submitted by /u/321ECRAB123
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/YRm0DhP

No comments:

Post a Comment