Saturday, September 7, 2024

Walking vs lifting?

I (25F) have been walking for almost 3 weeks. I have hit 15 days out of 20, and have walked a total of 60.5 miles. I aim to hit 4 miles a day. Some days I do a little less, and some days I do a little more. Just depends on how life is that day.

I am looking to incorporate weight lifting into my working out routine. I try to workout 6 days a week (I did take a 3 day break last week but I had another health thing going on). Let’s say I can realistically workout 5 days a week. How many days would you walk vs weight lift? I absolutely hate treadmill walking, so I’m not looking to do an even split on gym days. I like to walk in nature or around the neighborhood. I do not have access to any weights at home, so they would have to be different days. Gym days are for weights, walking days are out in nature.

I am afraid my lifting days will interfere with cardio days, and slow down weight loss progression. Right now I am doing 16:8 fasting, but not actively counting my calories. I am mindful of what I eat and what the calorie intake looks like, but tracking it leads me to a weird mental head space. Drinking only water with the occasional Diet Coke for caffeine. Focusing on fruits, veggies, and protein.

So all of that being said, what percentage should I walk vs lift weights do you think? I am 5’5, 181 pounds (down about 5 from starting) and wear most of my weight in my stomach, breast, and arms.

submitted by /u/yeah_yea_ye_y
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/9PcqTQj

No comments:

Post a Comment