Friday, September 6, 2024

Week 0 - Day 1 of my journey

Hi All,

I (22M) currently weigh 330lbs. This is the highest I have ever weighed and starting now, I am planning to work towards a long term goal of reaching 240lbs. I was on a similar weight loss journey last year starting at 315lbs at my heaviest around January 2023, and managed to get down to 265lbs by September. With school starting again then, I plateau'd here and ended the year around 275lbs. With motivation for a new year, I decided to continue my journey and incorporate more sports such as soccer and biking on top of my gym, cardio and diet. I sufffered a bad injury while playing soccer that left me bedridden for 3 months, and unable to exercise or cook for far more. During this time, I only ate out (think vallartas burritos and mcdonald's mcmuffins) and ballooned all the way up to 330lbs. Now, I have recovered a signifcant amount from my injury and plan to continue my exercise regime. I developed some bad habits such as vaping along the way, and have set a few goals for myself to get back on track.

  • 7,000 steps a day, until end of october where I hope to increase it to 10k.
  • 170g of protein a day
  • Strength Training 4x a week till October, where I hope to make it 6x a week (this may seem excessive but I loved strength training and it was the only thing that motivated me during my earlier stints)-Cardio 2x a week (low intensity, to help me get used to moving more)- Weekly Check ins with reddit to keep myself accountable

-Basketball 2x a week
- no more than 1900kcals a day.
- quit vaping
-lower alcohol (ideally I want to cut out casual beers, and reduce drinking altogether, but realistically i am aiming for going out at most 2x a month and sticking to lower calorie options such as TSLs and VSLs).

I am currently a student without a part time job, so my only focus is health and academics, making this a sensible time commitment in my view.

This is just written for me to know there are people who are aware of my attempt and hence hold myself accountable, but I appreciate any advice you may have to offer. Thank you so much for taking your time out to read this!

submitted by /u/Formal_Youth9753
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/wWJnVYj

No comments:

Post a Comment