Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Getting off lexapro helped me lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks

I've been on lexapro for over 5 years at this point and was basically steadily gaining weight the whole time (5'5, 185 at my heaviest, around 180 when I started tapering). I've been tapering off of it for the last 2 weeks (combined with a mild calorie deficit at ~1750 kcals/day) and I'm at 171 today. I honestly had no idea HOW MUCH the lexapro was "keeping the weight on" so to speak. Starting wellbutrin soon and I have my fingers crossed that it won't cause me to gain again 🤞

Sometimes the lifestyle changes you need to make aren't always obvious! (And hopefully this is clear but please don't cold turkey antidepressants in an attempt to lose weight, I've tried it before and it just made me feel like hot garbage. I got off lexapro for emotional/sexual health reasons, weight loss was just a bonus )

submitted by /u/fortunateHazelnut
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/NkJroVZ

No comments:

Post a Comment