Sunday, September 15, 2024

F/22 Mom is unsupportive of weight loss

F/22 SW: 294 CW: 235.7 GW: 145 Total Loss: ~60 lbs over 9 months.

I’m really really proud of myself over how far I have come and I have no plans to stop but my mom is really negging me all the time about my eating habits. The other day I was making eggs, a whole wheat English muffin and making a breakfast sandwich with the eggs, muffin, some spinach, etc. She walks over to me and says “I’m feeling snacky, I’m going to make muffins. They’re not good for you but oh well, you don’t have to eat good for you all the time” I just continue making my food not acknowledging her comment and walk away and go back to work. Keep in mind, I eat “unhealthy” things but in moderation! A few days go by and my boyfriend comes over, he brings some protein bars, some pop corn, other miscellaneous things and she’s pawing around his stuff and she makes a face and looks at me and goes “Oh! He eats just like you do!” I just go “Yeah” and continue on doing what I’m doing. She’s constantly critical of my food “That looks gross. I don’t like that. Sounds disgusting” when she asks me what I’m eating I have just said “You won’t like it” and 9/10 times she doesn’t and I relish in her disgust. Dieting is fucking hard at times. Going to the gym is fucking hard. Having discipline is fucking hard. I do not understand the vitriol towards me literally bettering myself. How do you guys deal with things like that? I’m sure I’m not the only one. I don’t even force my lifestyle on my parents, they’re Type 2 diabetics. I cook dinner for them sometimes and they go out and get fast food. I make food for just me and I get negged? Thank you r/Loseit, you guys have helped me a lot as I have lurked. Just feeling embarrassed and outcasted. ❤️šŸ˜ž

submitted by /u/AllHailTheGoddess
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/XPROSyt

No comments:

Post a Comment