Wednesday, September 11, 2024

How should I optimize my diet for weight loss?

I’m 6’1, 182 lbs and 22 years old. I’m trying to cut down to 160-165 lbs and have been getting advice from friends on diet options. I was thinking about starting a diet where my daily food consumption looks something like this: 3 eggs for breakfast, skip lunch, steak and mashed potatoes for dinner. Throw in some veggies, fruits, and nuts for snacks and/or sides during dinner. However, I’ve seen a lot of varying opinions on a “meat and potatoes” diet, some saying it’s not sustainable and leads to adverse side effects, and some saying it covers most of the micro/macronutrient profiles. I’d like some feedback tailored to my specific situation/plan though as I’m sure the things I’ve read are more general.

The reason I picked that type of plan is because those are foods I genuinely enjoy and would help me curb cravings. If anyone else has other opinions on this, please share them. At the end of the day, I know eating less calories = weight loss. I’m shooting for 1500-1600/day, doing a 16-8 fast. The one thing I’ve heard consistently is that diet is the most important part of weight loss. Any advice would be super appreciated!

submitted by /u/jackitron87
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/VL4iHFs

No comments:

Post a Comment