Sunday, September 29, 2024

! "Winter Arc" weight loss plan, tips/advice very welcome (& needed lol)!

The TikTok "Winter Arc" trend begins on my birthday (October 1), and I think I'm going to use this as my sign for some serious (documented) weight loss. As a horrid concoction of the 2020 quarantine, PCOS, and ending my athletic career, I went from a solid 150-160lbs to currently 210lbs. So I'll (F) be 20 yrs, CW: 210 lbs @ 5'7.

In 6 months, I aim to be +- 170 lbs or a total of 40lbs lost. I aim to build my muscle back and I personally don't care for a slim build, I would love to have a muscular physique.

In a typical week, I go to the gym to lift at least 3x a week, at most 5x, and according to my apple fitness app I burn avg 3000+ calories the days I work out, also because I attend a large campus where I'm typically hitting a 7-10k steps a day. The days I don't, I will start doing cardio at home and try to burn the same amount, so it's a pretty good balance between lifting and cardio.

Eating-wise, 500 calorie deficit is very doable, I just need to get into a better tracking habit to actually make sure I'm in that deficit lol. I have MyFitnessPal, and I heard Lose It is good too, but if yall have any other suggestions I will gladdlyyy look at it. For this next 6 months I'm cutting fried food, junk food, and limiting my coffee to grande-size (I can't do black coffee, I'll take the L on the sugar for this one. or be chaotic and add protein milk to black coffee).

Because of my class/work schedule I can't really do a consistent intermittent fasting time without feeling like dying, but I can limit myself to 2 meals + 1 small snack in between per day. About 114g protein per day. Chipotle, Cava, Chickfila grilled nugs, and Smoothie King are my only take-out options, or anywhere else to that level of "clean eating" (verrrry loosely used term. still on a college campus in the south) I cook for myself and roommates, so it's kind of hard to calculate those calories, but typically those are my final meals and I can realistically eyeball the portion and leftover calories I need to eat.

This is the heaviest I've ever been, and hopefully will ever be, but I love this community because I see nothing but support for each other in every post. This'll be my first time taking responsibility about my active life like a real adult, so if there are anything I should tweak or change or add I gladly will do so! Other than that, wish me luck and I'll see y'all in April!

:) + <3

submitted by /u/fienyxx
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/MClicGR

No comments:

Post a Comment