Thursday, September 26, 2024

How to lose weight after a plateau?

My situation is a bit complicated, so if this isn’t the right place to post this then I apologize in advance.

I found out I was pregnant in January of this year and have since lost ~30 pounds (I would like to add this was not achieved in a healthy way, I struggled with hyperemesis or excessive vomiting for the first 6 months and wasn’t able to keep any food down. I’m not promoting this method of weight loss at all). I am 5’8, 22F, and was originally about 224 lbs. I now weigh about 198 lb give or take (some of it is the weight of the baby, placenta, blood, etc.). I don’t eat much (a meal a day, usually) on most days as I still struggle with my appetite from months of not being able to eat.

Online, my calorie maintenance is supposedly anywhere from 2,000-2,500 (given that I currently do light exercise ~3 times a week), but I currently eat less than that and am still plateauing. There was also a period of time where eating even 600 calories a day was enough for me to gain weight, but since then I lost it (somehow) and my weight has gone up and down from anywhere from 189lb to 208 lb in the last 2 months.

I’m worried that my body is getting used to not needing as many calories to sustain itself and that when I’m not pregnant (in a week, lol), it will be hard for me to lose weight with just a simple calorie deficit. I’m scared that my body is only going to lose weight off of something ridiculous like 1,200 cal/day because it’s gotten fairly used to not needing much to sustain itself, and that seems to be the problem I’m having.

My question is has anybody struggled with this? And if so, what did you do to get past the plateau? I am trying to get down to at least 160lb and plan on doing moderate exercise (weights and cardio) at least 4x a week and prioritizing protein in my diet. If you read this far, thank you!

submitted by /u/2020flowerkat
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/SUgGJIN

No comments:

Post a Comment