Thursday, September 19, 2024

I’m fat, and non athletic. I need beginner advice. ❤️

31, Female, 5’4” and 244lbs

Hi, everyone. I just joined a gym. I’ve gone once, then got the cold my kids brought home from school, but itching to go back once I’m feeling better and make myself commit to this.

Like a lot of people, I’m sure, I’m not new to weight loss journeys. Actually, I previously lost a ton of weight several years ago. I did keto, and pretty effortlessly dropped from like a size 22 to a size 8. I maintained at an 8/10/medium for a bit, but life happened, you know? I won’t go into my sob story too much because we all have them, but in the last year, I’ve experienced the most traumatic loss and been dealing with grieving. I had lost about 30lbs before this, then put it back on and then some. I’m now sitting at 244lbs at 5’4”.

I just can’t do the keto thing anymore. It worked for me back in the day, and I didn’t mind eating “low carb” for maintenance for a while. But fast forward a few years, and it just doesn’t seem to work for me anymore. Like, literally doesn’t help me lose weight (even though I’m experienced in it) and I find myself missing the “forbidden” foods, which I didn’t before. So now, I’m really trying to just look at healthy, lower calorie meals and snacks instead of anything restricting, or I know I won’t be able to stick with it. I want to have fun when I go out with my husband and kids. I want to not need a special keto diet when I visit family. And I don’t want to have to cook a whole separate meal for myself pretty much than what my kids and husband eat. 😅 I don’t mind eating low carb sometimes. I like the food. Love me a good salad! But I can’t make it a “rule” anymore.

I’ve never exercised or gone to a gym. Yes, I lost over 100lbs without exercise, but I definitely cannot pull that off again and it’s unrealistic lol. So, I joined a gym. I bought gym clothes and a new pair of sneakers. I knew if I spent the money on it, I’d feel “obligated” to go, and I’m hoping to make this my “me time” now that both kids are in school and learn to enjoy it.

I just… genuinely don’t know where to start. I lasted 5 minutes on the elliptical, and let’s be honest, those last 3 minutes were me fighting for my life lmao. 20 minutes on the treadmill at a brisk pace, then I tapped out. Because, bonus, I have scoliosis and my back was beginning to hurt and overdoing it won’t help me. I have not ventured to the weights because I have no idea what to do or how to do it.

I don’t know what’s recommended for fat loss (and toning), especially for someone who is NOT athletic in the slightest. I have very little endurance at this point. I need advice for a fat person. Where do I begin? If you have any advice, I’ll take it, and look into those machines/routines specifically. Nobody even glanced my way at the gym, but I still feel so self conscious — the fat girl who obviously has never stepped foot in the gym.

It’s time for some self care. If you’ve been there, done that, please share some wisdom. ❤️

submitted by /u/PinecornCoffee
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/r6E0pJL

No comments:

Post a Comment