Wednesday, September 11, 2024

TDEE and BMR seem Way Way too high

First, Hi, I'm new here. I am 33m, 183cm (6ft), and currently 136kg(300lbs), ~30-35% bodyfat. I am down ~24kg(52lbs) from my highest weight after around a year and a half. most of the weight loss was during the first 6 months but I slacked off.

Now for the post. I tried searching all over for an answer, I'm not usually one to post, but I can't seem to find an answer. I'm getting back into the swing of things and designing a meal prep plan, and I want to calculate the calorie content of meals. I was going to and probably will just use 2000cal for 4 weeks and see what happens, but in the interest of science I tried looking into what the internet thinks the number should be.

Using basically any of the TDEE or BMR calculators I am arriving at ludicrous results, with the IIFYM calculator an others claiming my BMR is 2613cal and my TDEE at sedentary is 3486cal. I don't, and haven't been, eating that much per day ever. I am aware of empty calories, I don't eat super duper healthy and I do consume too much sugar etc, but for example today, a pretty bad day for the diet, I managed to eat 2400cal being VERY generous with the calorie intake.

A normal day of food for me looks like: No breakfast, 2 12oz coffees at work with 4 creamers (30cal ea for 120cal) and 6 sugar packs (16cal ea for 96cal) combined. Lunch of 1 Boneless Skinless Chicken thigh or breast (~100g is ~120-179cal), baked with a basic rub added and 100g of white rice (360cal). 12-24oz of Mountain Dew (170-340cal, Yeah I know) over the day. Dinner of a steam able Veggie, usually broccoli (30cal) with nothing added but salt. Water consumed as desired but usually ~1.5 liters.

I'm shocked doing the math on it now, because I'm eating that daily recently, and that adds up to like ~800cal. This was not planned out and obviously its horrible. I'm even willing to bet that I'm not thinking of something but I'm not accidentally eating an additional ~2000cal a day... Well I guess i'm going to do a food journal now...

Anyway the original point I was trying to make is that eating even my calculated BMR at 2613cal in healthy food is going to be a HUGE quantity of food, and it seems like more than I can even eat in a day.

submitted by /u/kallinenjp
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/yvMtUNT

No comments:

Post a Comment