Friday, September 13, 2024

Friend mocking my weight loss

Hi yall,

I (m18) have recently decided to take weight loss seriously bc I'm considered on the high end of overweight, leaning into the obese category. I have a very close friend who is slightly overweight (same height), but weighs significantly less than me. I started to decline eating food out with her in order to stay within my strict 1200 calorie deficit. (I'm 164.5cm)

I only lowered my deficit 2 weeks ago, so there aren't any visible results yet, but I've lost 5lbs already. But, every single time I decline a sweet treat (she asks to eat out every single day) or explain how I'm at my limit, she'll joke about how it doesn't look like I'm actually eating in a deficit, or make a comment about how I must not be doing it right. She'll lecture me about how "it matters what you're eating, even if you're only eating 1200 a day, you won't lose weight if it's unhealthy foods." (Meaning she just assumes I'm eating unhealthy foods??) and I explained that I do eat nutritious and mostly unprocessed food like raw veggies/fruits along with high protein sources. (hence refusing fast food).

Obviously I am still fat. It doesn't magically go away the second you start a deficit. So, her comments on how it doesn't look like I'm actually in a deficit and her making a face or laughing whenever I say I am trying really upsets me. This is my closest friend and it sucks to hear her say such discouraging things. I just don't understand the mentality behind making fun of someone attempting to be healthier.

submitted by /u/Tricky_Conclusion996
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/do3MBkZ

No comments:

Post a Comment