Tuesday, January 14, 2020

279 is my number.

I'm 6ft 2 and as of last week, at 349lb, I started my weight loss journey (again).

My issue is binge eating and snacking between meals.

I started writing everything down yesterday, because if you don't write a goal down then it's just a wish; I'm done wishing. Things to remember, meal plans, a tracker to track when (and if) I binge (so I can track it throughout the year) and a realistic goal I want to hit.

Everything is pointing in the direction of 279lb. I've not been that weight before (certainly not in my 20s or 30s anyway), it's 20% of my starting weight, exactly 70lb/5 stone of weight loss and would be me just entering the 19 stone range. I appreciate that these figures are meaningless to anyone else, but to me they are a challenging, yet realistic target. Plus I like how all the numbers sound/look on paper 😅. And I appreciate that being 279lb is still obese and unhealthy, but it's a hell of a lot better than where I am now. And when I hit it, because I will, it'll be my starting line for the next chapter of my weight loss.

Today I have my first appointment with a new counselor to discuss my relationship with food. I'm nervous about it, but I've been through counselling in the past and always got something from it.

Apologies for the brain dump. I just wanted to, again, put things down with the intention of it helping me hold myself to account.

submitted by /u/ruinedsock
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2sn7rJP

No comments:

Post a Comment