Monday, January 6, 2020

Celebrate your successes, even if they don’t feel like success to you

I started last year at 190lbs. I made myself a goal to reach 145lbs by the end of the year. Needless to say, I didn’t succeed. I did lose 20lbs, but progress has felt so slow that I don’t really feel like I’ve done much.

Over Christmas I saw a bunch of relatives I don’t see frequently, and several of them commented on my weight loss, saying I looked great and encouraging my commitment to my health. I was genuinely surprised at their comments, as I didn’t think my weight loss was noticeable at all. I’d attributed jeans getting looser as cheap material stretching, even though I saw the scale going down.

I’m normally a lurker so I just wanted to make this post to remind myself and others that even if you don’t see it, you are making progress. No matter how small it feels to you, it does make a difference in the end, and I’m thrilled to head into 2020 with a healthier and happier body!

submitted by /u/tienna
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/35tEnOm

No comments:

Post a Comment