Monday, January 6, 2020

(SV) [SW:364lbs, CW: 263, GW: 214?] Officially down 100lbs in about a year and a half. Here's all my knowledge to you just starting or wanting to start!

So, where do I begin? Here's the progress pics!

Went from a size 52 pant to 38. Went from a 4X shirt to an XL. Went from not being able to run to able to run 2 miles.

When I started this journey, I was dang near 400lbs. I was depressed, I was fat, and I was most of all, miserable. I was living in a nightmare. So ashamed of what I had become. After a suicide attempt, I really took a deep hard look at my life. I wasn't happy with anything. Especially with how I looked and how miserable it made me. That really opened my eyes. This is my third and final time of losing weight. I'm tired of "yo-yo-ing".

What have I done to get to this point? Well, initially I started off lifting. I did 5 days of lifting. Very little cardio. Did this out of sheer laziness. The thing that really kicked my ass into gear was in the fall of 2018. My gym did a Lazy Man Triathlon. I had six weeks to complete an Iron Man Triathlon. So I had to bike 112 miles, swim 3, and run, walk, or on the elliptical for 26.2 miles. I needed this to really kick my ass into gear. And it worked. I set a goal to get this event done in a month. Guess what? I finished it under four weeks. This is what really got me back into cardio. Cardio is hard and it sucks. But it's what gets results. It's a key component in it all. I was also working out 6 days a week and would split cardio and lifting into 3 and 3. I divided out my muscle groups on those days. But, seeing as this is the third time I've done all this, I know the love I have for cardio and running and biking. It's been a long struggle, but I was even able to do my first triathlon in June of 2018. It sucked but I was able to do it.

Diet wise, I lost my first 65ish pounds intermittent fasting. Not really focusing so much on the diet, but the whole CICO process. It worked but it didn't teach me how to eat. Just how not to eat. So, I eventually fell off that train and decided to learn how to eat healthy. I was very fortunate to have an accountability friend who I would send pictures of the gym to so he knew I was there. However, I also fell of losing weight. I stagnated from like, June 2018 until about October 2018. Didn't budge at all. As my friend told me, "Weight loss starts in the kitchen." That quote hit me so hard. So I asked him if he was okay with me sending him pictures of my meals. He's in residency and is all about a healthy lifestyle, so I lucked out even further there. It was a real struggle to impress him. I always heard about how I could do this or that or that I didn't have enough vegetables. Eat more fruit. Less this or that. Do a sweet potato over a regular potato. But you know what? It's made me realize the importance of what I put in my body and now, I love vegetables and eating clean.

My takeaway here is that, CICO and eating a healthy, well balanced diet is going to be key to a weight loss journey. Even making sure that you are working out and pushing yourself within your limits and recovering properly are just some of the many factors. It's not easy, but it is so worth it. I'm the happiest I've been in years. If you are thinking of making the journey, know that it will be worth it. It will be hard, but my god is it rewarding. This sub has been such an inspiration to me so I am looking to give back just like so many others have. Thank you /r/loseit. I hope I've inspired at least one person! 😁

TL;DR- Weight loss starts in the kitchen. Keep at it!!

submitted by /u/Popensquat
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2QXWlU6

No comments:

Post a Comment